Did you know, only 58% of organizations fully understand the value of project management?
As we move into a digital area, project management has become a largely digital experience with new apps, tools, and certifications. Implementing the best project management practices is now a mandate for businesses of all sizes. But, how can this be achieved?
All you need to do is understand the importance of project management certifications and invest in one. Let us understand why you need to have a solid understanding of project management.
Why Study Project Management?
Project managers with professional certifications are more likely to earn a higher salary. Plus, they have more opportunities for advancement than those without certifications.
Let us have a look at some reasons to get a project management software certification.
- There is a high demand for project managers. The Project Management Institute (PMI) expects that there will be 22 million+ project management job openings through 2027.
- Project managers are needed in all industries. While they are quite common in the IT field, project-oriented work is common in oil and gas, business service, finance and insurance, construction, and utility industries.
- Salaries for project managers are competitive. As per Glassdoor, the average salary of a project manager is $59,680.
- Having the necessary skills will help prospective project managers accomplish the multitude of tasks required to get a job done.
- Project managers directly impact morale and the company’s bottom line.
5 Best Project Management Certifications in 2021
Here is a list of some of the best project management certifications.
1. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
PMP is a tough course that constitutes various models to help students identify weak spots within a project. It cycles around three constraints: Time, Cost, and Scope.
Consequently, the project managers can brief his/her team to come up with alternatives for completing the test sprint phase. This, in turn, will help them achieve all milestones towards a deliverable product.
Project Management Professional (PMP) Requirements
- Three years experience in the project management field.
- Five years or equivalent 7,500 hours of experience as someone who has led projects.
- 35+ hours of project management education and certification for the same.
Expected Salary: $100,000 – $110,000
Cost: $400 – $555
2. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
CAPM is a part of the basic level IT project management certifications. It is lined up with plenty of growth opportunities for beginners. The high-tier certifications not only require certain prerequisites but are demanding as well. This course is ideal for professionals who wish to step into the field of project management.
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) Requirements
- High school diploma or an equivalent 1,500 hours of project management experience.
- 23+ hours of cumulative project management education.
Expected Salary: $90,000 – $101,000
Cost: $225 for registered PMI website members; $300 for non-members
3. Certified Scrum Master (CSM) – Agile Project Management Certification
Certified ScrumMaster certification will help you manage a team of individuals who are responsible for working on behalf of the assigned product owner. It also works as a starting point for basic level Scrum practitioners who wish to advance to the next level. Moreover, as per recent statistics, there are over 450,000 certified ScrumMasters around the world.
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Requirements
All you need to do is have a basic familiarity with Scrum and Agile Mindset. Furthermore, you will also need to complete the Scrum Alliance introductory module to have a better understanding of the Certified ScrumMaster program.
Expected Salary: $85,000 – $80,000
Cost: $990 – $1,400
4. Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) Certification
The Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) strictly follows the Agile mindset of businesses. Most of the companies believe in identifying core problems and doing more in less capacity.
The certification further helps candidates get hands-on training where they are trained with different modules and equip them with Agile frameworks. A major perk of getting this certification is that it is recognized globally.
Agile Certified Practitioner (ACP) Requirements
ACP is an advanced tier certification within the Agile Project Management Certifications lineup. In order to take up the ACP exam, you need to fulfill the following requirements.
- High School Diploma or Associate Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- 2,000 Work+ Hours of Experience or Cumulative 2,000 Hour Work Experience.
- Prior Experience in Agile Work Teams/ Companies.
Expected Salary: $110,000 – $123,000
Cost: $490 – $640
5. PRINCE2 – Projects in Controlled Environments
PRINCE2 is an advanced tier degree in the project management certifications chain. You need to clear a couple of prerequisites; else you would not be able to sit for the exam.
This certification is highly sought after by companies. Such individuals are well-equipped with the knowledge of validating employees, concepts about IT project management, business development tools, and core project management skills.
PRINCE2 Certification Requirements
- Any of the IPMA Level A to B Certifications.
- Certified Project Management Associate Certification.
- PRINCE 2 Foundation Course.
- PMP Project Management Professional Certification.
Expected Salary: $90,000
The Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is the most generally accepted industry credential for project managers. PMPs are in charge of projects in almost every region, and unlike other certifications that are based on a specific geography or domain, the PMP is truly global.
These were some of the reasons and the best project management certifications that can take your career to new heights. Not only will they instill a sense of leadership, but they will also help you develop the much-needed damage control skills.
Did we miss out on your favorite project management certification? Let us know in the comments below!