Do you remember when the last time you contacted a taxi agency to book your cab was? The advent of technology and mobile apps are the major reason why we never felt it difficult to get cabs. Whenever we miss getting public transport, taxis are the next option that comes to our mind. This clearly indicates how comfortable we are with these apps.
Within a blink of an eye, we could book our rides in these apps. This merely saves the time we spend contacting drivers and agencies. Moreover, this has been the most sought-after solution for decades. So, we have been discussing how the market has been performing for a while. But have you ever thought about the future of the ride-hailing market? As humans, it is beyond our power to predict the future. But it is with us to analyze how the future would be.
When you are ready to materialize your ideas to launch your ride-hailing app, it is also important to know about its future and scope. In this blog, let us together discuss how fruitful the future of ride-hailing apps looks.
An overview of the Taxi booking market in the global scenario
The taxi booking app is an interface that literally helps drivers and users to meet each other. So, the growth and future of the taxi app will impact the users and drivers directly. Uber was the first one to try his experiment in the taxi market with an app. Followed by its success, several key players entered the market rigorously.
When comparing the performance of the market in a global scenario, we could witness the dependency of Asian, European, and American nations. The graph increases each year, depicting how their usage is growing at every stage. The emergence of smartphones has made Malaysia, China, India, and various other Asia Pacific countries depend on taxi booking apps to book their rides. People no longer prefer taxi agencies to book their cabs. The extreme comforts of smartphones are one of the major reasons for this surge.
This has eventually made traditional taxi agents adapt to digitization to sustain themselves in their business. Smartphones are the best way to market a business. Because of this, several businesses are focusing on mobile app presence.
According to a study conducted in India, almost 63 percent of people have revealed that they use taxi booking apps for convenience. When considering Uber, in particular, there are 93 million users globally. This is the current global scenario of taxi-hailing apps.
In forecasting the future, there are high opportunities for several apps to venture into the market. The new arrivals in the market will also mark the beginning of a new era.
How Covid 19 impacted the Taxi-hailing industry?
The travel restrictions and the extreme pandemic spirit almost halted all of us at our own shelters. This has majorly affected several businesses. One among them is the taxi business. This gave a drastic loss to taxi app businesses globally. Every app witnessed a heavy downfall in the last year due to this pandemic.
Uber’s user base came down to 9.7 percent less than the previous year. During the Q2 and Q3, there was a drastic fall, and this was managed, and the Q4 saw a rise when several countries decided to lift the restrictions on travel movements. Different governments imposed different restrictions and rules on operating the taxi services.
The companies tried to get back to the game with assurance for maintaining the sanitation and by fulfilling the minimum passenger traveling. The taxi companies came up with different ideas to make sure of the sanitation level. By providing masks to the riders along with rapid sanitizing steps, they ensured to get back to normalcy. When the users booked their rides, along with drivers’ information, they also mentioned their vaccination status and temperature.
As a ray of hope, the industry is all set to get back to roar by 2023, with an increase of 6.5 percent.
Why should you invest in developing a taxi booking app with an Uber clone app?
As an entrepreneur, you might be quite aware of how booming the taxi market is. It provides you vast opportunities to earn your revenue. With very few restrictions, several countries are back to their bay. This is an opportunity you should not miss out on.
If you are still giving it a second thought, then here are the reasons you should consider developing a taxi booking app like Uber.
- In the current scenario, the internet plays a major role in establishing your brand value. An absence in the online platform will definitely make you stay back in the business activity. A taxi booking app like Uber will help you establish your brand value in the online marketplace.
- On-demand apps are ruling our smartphones, and we even feel it easy to avail our services through them. Taxi booking apps will always be on the top needs of the users. Moreover, you can easily grab more customers to your app within a short span of time.
- As an aggregator platform, you will establish a forum for the drivers and users. The major investment you make in developing an app. The app will enable you to earn considerable profits by acting as a perfect mediator for both the drivers and users. The surge pricing concept of the app also boosts your income.
- If you are still owning a taxi dispatching unit, you can update your business with perfect taxi booking software. This will minimize your manual work and thereby provide a seamless experience. Moreover, it will be a great way to grab those old customers you missed all these days.
- The Uber clone will create a tremendous opportunity for drivers by giving them a platform to earn rides. Generally, drivers will find it quite hard to get rides. In such cases, they can join hands with your app. This will eventually provide them wide opportunities to generate their income.
The on-demand taxi booking apps have already established their trademarks in the industry. Their business was rapidly interrupted by the pandemic and hindered their business process. This led entrepreneurs to question its future. After recovering from the backlash, the industry is ready to face things like never before. So, dear entrepreneurs! You can gear up to witness the best with your Uber clone app.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0