In order to remain healthy in present times, yoga has become the first choice not only of Indians but also of foreigners. It has been spread all over the world from India by Hindu yoga gurus.
Yoga can prove to be an ancient style to protect the body from diseases and other problems. Yoga helps in keeping a person healthy not only physically but also mentally. There has also been much scientific research on the subjects of Yoga and Pranayama, in which these have been found beneficial.
Although there are many types of yoga, today we have brought this article for you, in this article, you will know what is Sukhasana yoga pose, and what are the benefits and steps of doing Sukhasana yoga pose, so let’s begin.
What is Sukhasana Yoga Pose?
“Sukhasana” or “easy pose” is one of the most basic poses used in comfortable, cross-legged, sitting positions and yoga exercises, and meditation.
However, easy does not mean the opposite of difficult. It means “relaxed”, so in this posture, you can actually sit comfortably.
For some people, using props such as blankets, towels, and yoga blocks can help them feel as comfortable as possible in this pose.
There are so many supports available to do yoga poses easily including blocks, towels, blankets, etc. so you can do it comfortably.
Steps of doing Sukhasana Yoga Pose
- Sit comfortably on your yoga mat with “crossed leg” or bent legs and keep the hands on your knees in a meditative posture.
- Make sure that you do not put any strain on your head, neck, and spine, and keep them straight.
- Place the palms of both your hands on your knees and sit in the mediation posture.
- Keeping your body loose, close your eyes, and sit in this pose for at least 10 minutes.
Benefits of Sukhasana Yoga Pose/ Easy Pose:
It is a normal asana and one can practice this asana very easily. Sukhasana (easy posture) is not very difficult and it helps a lot to overcome many problems of the body. Let us know what are the benefits of Sukhasana yoga pose for health.
1. Benefits of Sukhasana: Relax body and mind
Yoga is believed to be beneficial for your physical health. But the benefits of Sukhasana help in giving you more rest physically and mentally. Also, you can use this yoga to reduce your stress.
2. Benefits of Sukhasana: reduce depression and anxiety
By doing this yoga regularly, the person remains free from all kinds of stress, depression, anxiety, and mental stress and it arouses confidence in the person.
3. Benefits of Sukhasana: This is the best meditation posture
It is one of the best yogas for meditation. In this asana, Anulom-Vilom, Kapalabhati pranayama, and many other yoga asanas related to breathing are also performed. In this way, you can incorporate the benefits of Sukhasana for mental health.
4. Benefits of Sukhasana: strengthens the knees
By doing this asana, the person’s muscles, joints get stretched. Which gives them strength. This asana works in stretching your body parts including butt, ankle, and knee.
5. Benefits of Sukhasana: improves awareness
The practice of this asana improves one’s awareness and promotes positive peace to fight positive problems in the body.
Other benefits of Sukhasana / Easy Pose:
- Sukhasana is one of the easiest asanas in all yoga that one can easily do.
- The practice of this yoga improves the balance of the body.
- This develops a feeling of peace and stability between body and mind.
- Its practice brings peace to mind.
- Performing this asana provides good stretch in the knees and ankles. This asana makes the posture of the body perfect.
- Fatigue, depression, anxiety, and stress, etc. are overcome by this yoga asana.
- Chest and collar bones can be widened by their regular practice.
- The practice of this asana straightens the spine and helps to relieve pain.
- This yoga helps to make the back strong and rigid.
- It improves the feeling of the mind.
- It also helps in reducing weight.
- It improves blood circulation.
- This asana helps in increasing the height of children.
- Things to keep in mind before performing Sukhasana yoga pose
- According to experts, this asana is considered best when it is practiced in the morning. Due to some reason, if you are unable to practice it in the morning, then you can practice this asana in the evening.
- But keep the difference three to six hours when you start the exercise and having a meal before it.
- Be patient and know your limits. However, if you are doing this for the first time then you need to trust yourself a lot.
Precautions should be taken before practicing Sukhasana
Practicing yoga is beneficial when we do them correctly and in the right state. A little lapse can be very harmful to our bodies.
Let us know what precautions should be taken while doing Sukhasana Yoga Pose –
- If pregnant women thinking of doing yoga asana should be more cautious before starting any yoga-like under the supervision of a doctor or yoga teacher.
- Having an injury then avoid doing any yogasana.
- If you have pain in your backbone, do not do this asana.
- If there is any problem in the vertebrae of your body, then avoid doing this mudra.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 100 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, India.
Hope after knowing all these benefits, you will never have to say that what is Sukhasana yoga pose, and what are the benefits and steps of doing Sukhasana Yoga Pose.