In doing so, you can get rid of the requirement of remembering your password for a long time and, at the same time, you’ll also be able to secure your Yahoo Mail account from all the vulnerable cyber-hacking attempts.
However, if you’re not well-aware of the procedure of ‘how to change a Yahoo password’ then, let us help you in maintaining the security and privacy of your Yahoo account intact with the below-mentioned step-by-step guide on how you can change your Yahoo Mail account password on both ‘Desktop/Mobile Web Browser’ and ‘Yahoo Mobile (android and iPhone) App:’
- In order to change your Yahoo password, first, open the “https://mail.yahoo.com/” link using your respective device’s web browser.
- There on the ‘Yahoo Mail Sign-in Page,’ enter your email address that’s associated with your Yahoo Mail account and, simply hit the ‘Next button.
- Then, on the next page, enter ‘Password’ of your Yahoo Mail account in the available text field.
- After entering the login credentials of your Yahoo Mail account, click on the ‘Sign-in’ button to reach onto your Yahoo’s inbox page.
- Next, you’ve to click on the ‘Your Name and Profile Picture’ tab from the upper-right side of the window.
- In doing so, a drop-down menu will appear in front of you, and from the same, click on the option of ‘Account Info.’
- This will open the ‘Account Page’ window and there, from the left side of the page, click on the ‘Account Security’ tab.
- Under it, go to the ‘How you sign in’ option to re-enter the login credentials i.e., email address and password of your Yahoo Mail account in the respective text fields.
Next, you need to click on the ‘Change Password’ link to direct yourself onto the ‘Password Creation Page.’ [Note: In case you’ve Yahoo Account key enabled, then you might face issues using Yahoo’s Account Key. So, you’ll need to click on ‘Manage > Disable Account Key > Yes, disable Account Key > Got It’s options before you click on the ‘Change Password’ link.]
Now, on the password creation page, type a new password for your Yahoo Mail account into the “New Password” text box. Similarly, re-type the same into the “Confirm Password” text box.
Lastly, hit the ‘Continue’ button and ‘Looks Good’ option when prompted to receive notification regarding that you’ve successfully changed your Yahoo Mail account password.
Change Yahoo Password on Yahoo Mobile (Android and iPhone) App
- To change your Yahoo password on your android or iPhone mobile, launch the ‘Apps’ menu on the first basis.
- Then, tap on the ‘Yahoo Mail App’ icon to launch the same on your respective device.
- After that, depending on your device, tap on the ‘Have a Yahoo account? Sign in’ option or ‘Sign in with Yahoo Mail’ option.
- In doing so, you’ll be taken to the ‘Yahoo Sign-in’ screen.
- There, enter your ‘Yahoo Email Address’ and hit the ‘Next button to further enter your ‘Yahoo Password.’
- Now, to access the inbox of your Yahoo Mail account, tap on the ‘Sign-in’ link.
- From your Yahoo inbox screen, tap on the ‘Search Bar’ or the ‘Icon of a box with three lines depending on your device (android and iPhone resp.)
- In doing so, a pop-out menu will appear in front of you, and from it, tap on the ‘Manage Account’ option.
- Next, you’ve to simply tap on the ‘Account Info’ and ‘Security Settings’ options respectively.
- Now, depending on the type of your mobile (iPhone and Android) device, you’ll be prompted to scan your ‘Touch ID’ or enter your phone’s ‘Passcode.’
- Once you’re done, you’ll see the ‘Change Password’ link in front of you and you’ve to tap on the same. However, if you have ‘Yahoo Account Key’ enabled then, to avoid facing issues using Yahoo’s Account Key; click on ‘Manage > Disable Account Key > Yes, disable Account Key > Got It’s options and then, click on ‘Change Password’ link.
- In continuation, tap on the ‘I would rather change my password’ option to finally reach the ‘Password Creation’ screen.
- Now, before proceeding further, tap on the “I’m not a robot” checkbox and then, tap the ‘Continue’ button to change your Yahoo Mail password with a new one.
- To do so, first, type your ‘Old Password’ and then, move on simply enter a new password twice in the respective “New Password” and “Confirm New Password” text-fields.
Now, you use the Yahoo Mail service next again, you’ll need to sign-in back into your Yahoo Mail account with the new password that you’ve just changed.
Note: Always remember the fact that ‘Passwords are case-sensitive and they’re often entered incorrectly due to keystroke sensitivity. So, be careful with the ‘Caps and Num lock keys’ to avoid getting ‘Invalid Password message.’ Also, try to avoid using the ‘Password Auto-fill’ feature when you gain the habit of changing your account password on a regular basis to override the ‘auto-fill settings.
That’s it! Using this comprehensive step-by-step guide, not only you’ll learn to recover a hacked Yahoo account but at the same time, you’ll also get to know about how you can change the Yahoo password at regular intervals to maintain its security intact. Still, if you need further assistance regarding the same, you can directly contact the official Yahoo help center.
#change or reset yahoo password #change yahoo email account password #how to change yahoo password