If you are facing the OBS Studio Display Capture not working problem on your Windows PC, then take the help of this article to fix the problem.
OBS Studio is designed for live streaming, and video recording. For live streaming on the internet, recording tutorials and gameplay videos OBS Studio is used.
This software is not only used for gaming purposes but also by professionals. They use this software for creating content and hosting webinars.
The software is very popular and loved by many people for gaming. If you are such a gamer and come across the OBS Studio display capture not working, then this article is for you.
Why OBS Display Picture, Cannot Work
Some of the issues are mentioned below:
In case, there are dedicated graphics in your system, that means you have two graphics. To run dedicated graphics OBS must be configured properly.
After updating Windows 10 several issues were lacking in OBS. Although, issues were solved on most of the servers. But there are still some cases. To resolve them you need to revert to the older version.
For capturing OBS and games you need to keep your drivers updated. In case, you experienced issues related to outdated drivers.
Your entire screen and audio might be captured by OBS studio. You might face a situation of a halt due to access permissions.
Safety Measures To Fix “OBS Studio Display Capture Not Working”
Fix 1: Transforming Dedicated Graphics Preference
For running dedicated graphics if you didn’t configure OBS Display Capture Not Working, then you can be in a fix of c. In order to change the preference for dedicated graphics. You have to add OBS to NVIDIA. Follow the steps given below:
- On your Desktop right-Click on blank space, and select the NVIDIA control panel.
- Press Manage 3D Settings, and then press Program Settings.
- Go to Program Settings, choose Open Broadcaster Software below the Select a program to customize section, and then choose integrated graphics under the Select the preferred graphics processor for this program section.
- Before closing the NVIDIA control panel, save changes. After Rebooting try to use Display Capture.
Fix 2: Allocate Administrative Access
If there is zero error for OBS Display Capture, then follow the steps to do so:
- To open file explorer, tap the Win + E keys together. Now, move to the OBS studio installed on your system.
- After reaching the installation directory, right-click the applications executable and select Properties.
- In Properties, move to the Compatibility tab, and verify the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- To save the changes press Apply and OK. To check whether the error is fixed or not try to run OBS display capture.
Fix 3: Swapping to compatibility mode
This fix is only compatible with video screen recording, not for game screen recording. This process takes the longest route from RAM to GPU memory. As result, it decreases the rate of performance. So, use it only when it’s urgent.
Follow the steps mentioned below to switch to compatibility mode.
Step 1: Tap on the OBS application icon.
Step 2: Expand the options screen. You will get a Compatible Mode option among them.
Step 3: Now select that option by tapping on the box which is already there.
Step4: For turning the compatible mode on, you need to press the OK button.
Have a check on the screen whenever you turn on compatibility mode.
Fix 4: Transitions in Graphics
OBS Display capture not working issue occurs because of choice of the graphics. Intel and NVIDIA are the most commonly used graphics. If you want to run games then you have to use NVIDIA graphics. AS Intel is not compatible with running games. So, take care while choosing graphics.
If you want to change the graphics card driver. Then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Right-click on the window screen.
- Choose the NVIDIA control panel and right-click on it.
- Expand the NVIDIA control panel and right-click on Manage 3D Settings.
- Select Program Settings.
- After expanding the Program Settings option, you will get an icon of OBS.
- Have a look at a similar drop-down list, then choose an NVIDIA graphics card.
- Tap on the OK button to apply the changes.
Try to run the application on the game screen to verify whether the issue still arises or not. If you still have the problem, then choose the other options given below.
Fix 5: Installing new version of OBS Studio
OBS Studio is open-source software and it can be used free of cost. A lot of errors can be seen which makes this software unstable. The bizarre issue is one of the most common issues found in some of the highly specified versions of OBS Studio.
In order to get rid of this issue, you need to uninstall the current version of the software. Then start your PC again and install the latest version of OBS Studio software. Save the relevant data before restarting your computer.
- Tap on Win + R keys together, then write appwiz.cpl. After that hit Enter.
- In the application manager, choose OBS studio. Then click uninstall
- After checking the OBS Studio official website, then choose the appropriate operating system. Now download the file which can be executed.
- Right-click on the installer and choose Run as Administrator. As soon as the installation process is complete, you need to start your PC again to verify whether the issue is resolved or not.
Note: Before starting working with this method, you need to assure the user account you are working as an administrator.
Fix 6: Revamp Graphics Driver
The last method to fix OBS display capture not working is to update the graphics driver. To do so:
- To select Device Manager, tap Win + X keys.
- Extend Display Adapters, and then right-click your graphics device to select Update Driver.
- Select Search Automatically For Updated Driver Software, and then update the drivers by following the given instructions.
Know More: BEST GPU Benchmark Software for PC
Above were the known ways to fix the OBS display capture not working on Windows 10. One of the most prominent issues is using outdated drivers. Several reasons are mentioned above. In order to solve the problem, you can start from the first fix and then go down the list till you find the solution that works the best.
If you find a better solution please write in the comment section below.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0