uTorrent is one of the most browsed websites for hassle-free movies and music album downloads. What if it suddenly stops working or responding? It will be irritating for you, right? If this has happened with you recently, this blog is for you. We have listed here the best solutions to fix the issues that usually cause uTorrent to crash and make it unresponsive.
uTorrent is world’s famous software that is used for downloading and distributing large amounts of files. However, there are times when you see some issues while using uTorrent. Sometimes, it does not respond while there are times it stops working all of a sudden. Wondering how to resolve issues with uTorrent not responding? Check out this blog for the best ways to resolve uTorrent not responding in Windows 10.
FIXES: uTorrent Not Responding In Windows 10
Check out the below listed fixes to ensure uTorrent is working back again on your Windows computer.
Method 1: Restart via Task Manager
Firstly, it is important to close all the uTorrent processes using the Task Manager. For this, follow the steps below:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together to open Task Manager.
- Find uTorrent in the Task Manager and select End Task.
- Then, click on File > Run New Task.
- You’ll see a new window. Click on Browse..
- Now, navigate to the following path: C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent.
This way you can resolve the error causing uTorrent not responding. If unable try more fixes.
Method 2: Run As Admin
The error where uTorrent is not responding might arise due to limited access to download the file. When you transfer a huge amount of data, it might make your account questionable and therefore you require uTorrent’s admin privileges to work properly and efficiently again. Even you can choose to run uTorrent as Admin permanently. Here’s how to run uTorrent as Admin:
- On the Desktop, right-click on uTorrent and select Run this program as an Administrator.
- Click on OK.
- Now restart your PC and start uTorrent again.
Pro Tip: If you do not want uTorrent to open on startup, learn here how to stop uTorrent from opening on startup Windows 10.
Method 3: Check If uTorrent Is Restricted In Firewall
Usually the uTorrent crashes due to the Windows Firewall settings. Windows Firewall is a built-in Windows feature that tends to protect your computer from any malware or threats. uTorrent when it proceeds to download files, it uses a lot of internet and Firewall might find it suspicious and thus makes the program unresponsive. Therefore, to fix this follow the steps below:
- Use the Search box located at the Taskbar to locate Firewall.
- Open it to launch the Windows Firewall and Network Protection Settings.
- Now click on Allow an app through Firewall.
- On the next page, click on Change Settings.
- Now navigate to the uTorrent and see if the checkboxes beside uTorrent are checked.
- Save the changes and close the Firewall window.
Once done, head back to the uTorrent app and see if you are now able to download stuff or not. This will help you identify if uTorrent is still unresponsive or its working absolutely fine.
Method 4: Disable Antivirus Programs, If Any
If you have any Antivirus program installed on your PC, this might be the reason behind uTorrent unresponsiveness. You should always check if your Antivirus program is enabled or not while using uTorrent. The antivirus software usually considers activities from uTorrent malicious or a threat to your computer. Therefore, disabling Antivirus can help you fix the error that says ‘uTorrent is not responding’. This is because the antivirus software sees any torrent activities to be malicious and harmful for your device. Therefore, if you feel that the files you are downloading are safe, you can turn off the Antivirus program.
If still it freezes, you can try deleting the uTorrent’s app data on your computer. See the next method to know more.
Method 5: Delete uTorrent Data On Your Computer
Though uTorrent stores a very small amount of data on your computer. There are times when you try to download files on uTorrent, and the data might have got corrupted and that might have been creating issues. Here’s how to clean app data:
- Press Windows+R key to open the Run Command Box.
- Now type in %appdata% and hit Enter.
- With this, you get to open the Appdata Folder on your computer.
- Navigate to the uTorrent folder and right click on it for more options. Select Delete.
- Then, head to your Desktop. Open Recycle Bin > uTorrent > Tap Delete to remove it completely from your system.
Try launching uTorrent again and try downloading files if you are able to.
So, these were some of the best methods to fix ‘uTorrent not responding in Windows 10’. If the issue still persists, the problem can be related to your computer itself. It is also possible that your system is infected or has some hidden malware. Removing them is important and it will ensure peace of mind and prevent your computer data from being hampered at any cost. Check out this guide and feel free to troubleshoot the error by yourself without depending on anyone. If you know any other solutions to resolve this kind of issue wherein you aren’t able to smoothly use uTorrent on your Windows computer, do let us know in the comments section below.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0