Are you planning to study in Australia? Or want to move to Australia? Then you must have come across the word PTE. Pearson Test of English Academy is for the ones who are not native speakers. It is the way to prove the ability and test the proficiency of your English. The exam is conducted on a computer, and it consists of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
Why should I apply for the PTE exam?
If you are dreaming of studying in Australia, then it is mandatory to fulfill the English language requirements to gain a student visa. However, if you have live in countries like Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland for at least five years, then you are exempted from giving the test.
When you apply for the Australian visa approval, there is a required PTE score to be achieved. The PTE score differs in each case for Australian immigration.
- If you are applying for a work visa, it is mandatory to prove your expertise in English, whereas there is no need for a PTE test for family-stream visas.
- If your visa falls under the invited pathway, the minimum score required is 50 in each of the components of the exam.
- Also, if you want to increase the point score, in the Australian immigration process, you must achieve a score of 65 on each of the test’s components. You can practice from its PTE practice websites. You can earn 20 points if your score is higher than 79.
However, it is necessary to keep in mind the preferred score for the admission process differs for each of the universities and the level of study. Experts recommend verifying the minimum score required for your course, it will help you in your PTE Exam Preparation.
Now that you have understood the importance of the PTE test, let’s get around how the test is taken and what it is all about.
How PTE Test Taken?
- To complete the PTE test, the candidate needs to attend a Person Test Center. There are three main parts: reading, writing, and speaking. There are a total of 20 questions in different formats, which include essay writing, multiple-choice questions, and message interpretation. The test is for 3 hours.
- The first part consists of speaking and writing, it will take 70-90 minutes. In a speaking test, you’ll have to produce spoken English in an academic environment. For the writing test, there will be question answers, which you have to write without any grammar mistakes. The questions may include your personal introduction, read aloud, describe the image, question answers, and essay writing.
- The second part consists of reading, it consists of at least 15 – 20 items that will evaluate your reading, listening and writing skills. You can expect questions in the format of Multiple choice questions, Reorder paragraphs, and fill in the blanks.
- The third and final part includes listening. There will be some audio and video clips, from that, there will be a few of the questions that you need to answer. You are allow to take notes in between the clips. You may see a variety of questions like select missing words, write from the dictation, or summarize the spoken test.
How to Prepare for PTE Exam?
All set to appear for the PTE exam? Here are a few of the preparation tips that will help you:
- Arrive early at the examination center, which will help you in settling yourself. Make sure you carry the original ID details that you provided while booking for the PTE test.
- Write full sentences with proper punctuation, and with no grammar mistakes. Be very crucial while writing, do not paraphrase the sentence, repeating words can lead you to lose marks.
- The best way to prepare for the PTE test is to join a class or an institution. There are a lot of PTE practice websites available online, there are a lot of sample papers for your practice, it will improve your time management skill.
The PTE exam is most probably everyone’s choice, as you can use its scores to apply to unlimited universities. You can take the PTE test once a year, and give you the result in 5 business days! It is much more reliable than other exams, and there is no limit for appearing in the exams.
Was this helpful?
0 / 0